All about stone therapy massage
Tailored to your individual needs, our stone therapy is available as an upgrade to most of our listed massage treatments.
We use high quality basalt and marine stones, chosen for their shape and energetic properties. Basalt is formed from lava which is expelled when a volcano erupts. The lava cools and hardens forming basalt. Basalt stone is a mass of many minerals. At a holistic level these stones are said to offer strength, self-control and positive energies to the physical and spiritual body. This is the reason why stone therapy is regarded as a complete mind, body and soul treatment. Using basalt and marine stones, stone therapy offers your therapist an opportunity to incorporate warm and cold stones into your massage treatment, customised to your specific needs.
STONE MASSAGE THERAPY MAY HELP IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS
- The effects of the warm stones on the physical body can be greater than in a manual massage
- By stimulating the circulatory system, bringing nutrients to the tissues
- By improving lymphatic circulation, promoting the removal of fluids and toxins
- The heat from the stones may soften adhesions and help reduce fibrous nodules
- Skin condition may improve due to the flexibility of the connective tissue of the dermis, improving the condition of collagen and elastin fibres in the dermis
- By helping to balance the parasympathetic part of the nervous system, in turn helping to balance stress levels
- You may feel calmer and more relaxed as the heat helps to sedate the central nervous system
- Cold stones may reduce muscle inflammation and soreness
Call us on 01608 670777 if you have any questions or would like to book a treatment – or book online here in the ‘massage and wellbeing’ section.