We’ve designed our Covid-19 policy with the aim of creating a safe salon environment for both our clients and our staff. Here we explain the changes we are making to our operating processes and any temporary changes to our standard terms and conditions.
At the time of writing, on 10 July 2020, the Government have announced that beauty salons will be able to reopen in England from 13 July but with a restricted treatment list and no facial treatments allowed.
Getting ready to reopen
We always practise the highest levels of sterilisation and hygiene as standard, including use of our hospital grade sterilising autoclave and single use disposable items wherever possible across all treatments. In response to Covid-19 we have further enhanced our exacting standards.
We have complied with the government’s latest Covid-19 secure guidance on managing the risk of Covid-19 in the work place and are also guided by the excellent and very detailed advice provided by BABTAC (the British Association of Beauty Therapy & Cosmetology), our professional membership organisation.
We will be continuously reviewing our protocols and updating them in line with any changes to Government and beauty industry guidance. All staff have completed their Employer and Employee Returning to Business (Covid) Certificates of Training.
We’ve carried out risk assessments on every single treatment, with adaptations now in place and our therapists fully trained in the new protocols.
Even though things will be different, we look forward to offering the same warm, friendly, quality service and making your visit feel as relaxing and luxurious as ever.
We appreciate the list below may sound slightly ‘unfriendly’ and a lot to take in at first, but we hope that when you visit us you will feel secure in the knowledge that we have worked hard to prepare and ensure that you will have an exceptional, safe experience. Your welfare and that of our team are our priority.
If you have questions or any concerns at any time regarding your visit or would like help making your bookings, please contact us on 01608 670777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Making an appointment
- Appointments are subject to availability, prior booking and prepayment and we will be unable to accommodate walk-ins.
- Please book appointments online, by telephone 01608 670777, or by email email@example.com. We will be unable to spend time during your appointment to make future bookings.
- We will contact you at least 2 days prior to your appointment to make sure all is OK, go through a pre-arrival Covid-19 health questionnaire and take payment.
- If you would like a receipt, we will email one to you to prevent machine, paper and pen handling.
- The process changes we are making will limit the number of appointments we can offer each day. So, if you like to have regular treatments, we would encourage you to book ahead to avoid disappointment and to help us organise and plan staffing requirements. Many of our clients already book a series of regular treatments several months ahead. Also if you have several treatments you wish to catch up on, it would be helpful to us if you booked these together in one appointment.
- You can find a downloadable PDF of our latest treatment menu here on our website as well as our full list of treatments. We are unable to hand out printed copies of our treatment menu.
- During July and August 2020 we are temporarily waiving our 24-hour cancellation fee for clients who contact us to inform us they feel unwell. The cancellation fee will stand if you fail to turn up for your appointment on the day without notice.
Arriving at the spa
- The spa front door will be locked at all times for your protection.
- We will welcome one client at a time. Appointment arrival and departure times will be staggered and we ask you to please be mindful of social distancing within the spa.
- We will text or telephone you to advise when we are ready for you and it is clear to approach the spa.
- We will greet you wearing appropriate PPE and explain how your treatment will work.
- Prompt arrival will help us manage our scheduling and ensure that we can complete your full treatment, although we ask that you do not arrive early as we are unable to offer a waiting area in reception.
- We are also unable to offer our usual range of refreshments but will be providing small bottles of water, which we ask that you take with you when leaving the spa. You may also like to bring your own water bottle with you.
- When you arrive, we will take your temperature at the spa entrance using a non-contact thermometer. If your temperature reads 37.8 degrees or above, we will be unable to offer you your treatment. If this happens we will offer you an alternative appointment or refund.
- There is an automatic sanitiser on the wall just inside the front door. Please use this on arrival. Manicure clients will also be asked to their wash hands with soap and water in the spa before treatment.
- We will ask you to wear PPE suitable for your treatment, for example a mask and/or disposable gloves. You are welcome to wear or bring your own new or freshly washed mask and new disposable gloves or we can provide them for you. We will also provide disposable shoe covers.
Keeping you safe during your treatment
- We have rearranged the layout of the ground floor to ensure social distancing and the manicure tables are now in completely separate areas of the ground floor.
- Our new beauty waxing and tanning room has been refurbished on the middle floor giving us four separate, private treatment rooms on our middle and top floors.
- We will be unable to offer treatments for two people at the same time in the twin Zen room.
- Please keep your belongings with you at all times and consider bringing as little as possible in to the spa with you. We will be unable to take coats and hang them in shared areas of the spa.
- Time allocated to Covid-19 sanitising and sterilisation in between clients has been factored into the diary and we are therefore unable to spend time in reception following appointments. We ask you to please be mindful that your therapist will need to thoroughly prepare for the next client.
- We will be monitoring spa bookings to ensure social distancing throughout the day and we may introduce new staff shifts to help with this.
Buying products and gift cards
- If you wish to purchase products or look at make up, we are delighted to offer pre-booked complimentary skin care and make up advice sessions.
- Unfortunately you will be unable to help yourself to testers or try out make up. A pre-booked session will ensure testing of products is handled safely and hygienically by your therapist.
- Please let us know in advance, wherever possible, when you wish to purchase retail products. We will prepare these in advance for you.
- We can also post orders out and provide a ‘click and collect’ service for products by prior arrangement if you do not have a spa treatment appointment.
- You can now buy our PHYTO5 Ageless La Cure organic certified, anti-ageing skincare range online from our new website shop.
- You can also buy gift cards online or by calling us on 01608 670777 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Any gift cards with an expiry date in March, April, May, June, July, or August 2020 and any new ones issued during the same period are now valid for 18 months (instead of 12). We’ll continue to keep expiry dates under review and assess further extensions on a case by case basis.
Our daily checklist for the team at Spa on the Square
- All staff will have their temperature checked each day before entering the building.
- We will be carrying out enhanced cleaning and disinfection routines in between every client, paying particular attention to all public areas and high touch areas such as door knobs, bannister rails and the bathroom area.
- All staff will adhere to good personal hygiene, constant hand washing and sanitiser use.
- Any staff member who becomes unwell will be required to stay at home and we will contact you as soon as possible if we need to rearrange an appointment or offer you an alternative therapist.
- All team members are trained in and will be required to follow official guidelines on self-isolating if necessary.
- All team members will be required to wear appropriate PPE and this will be replaced after each client.
This Covid-19 policy was prepared on 16 June 2020, updated on 23 June 2020 and 10 July 2020 and will be further updated in line with Government and beauty industry guidance.
Spa on the Square is a trading name of Centred In Beauty Ltd.
12 Riverside, Winchcombe, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL54 5HP
Telephone: 01608 670777
Contact: Carmela Rosbottom, director and spa owner